Monday, April 25, 2011

Practicum Reflection- examples of six grade student work









Collographs: crayon rubbings and prints

What things would you change next time you teach this lesson?


This lesson requires more time then I previously thought. I don’t have experience teaching lesson in an elementary setting and I thought an half hour would be enough time. I was wrong. I think at least 2 of these time periods would be necessary to complete the project. The students were too rushed to complete the assignment. If I were to do this project again with I would definitely plan more time for the students to create their project

What was the student’s response to your activity/teaching? Were they receptive?

The students really like the idea of the project. They wanted to do learn to do printing making. They also really liked the cubist artwork that was on the side show presentation. They were interested in making their own work of art. They were excited to do an art project and that new people were there to teach them a technique they didn't already know.

Has this experience gotten you excited to teach art?

Because of my lack of experience working with elementary age children I was really nervous to teach the lesson. I have plenty of experience with two year old children and day care age kids, so it was scary going from kids so young to six graders. Add to this that I haven’t had time to get to know each child… I was really nervous. I think that I did a good job though helping the kids to understand the project. I am really excited to teach art however I think I would like to be with younger kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment